CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Re: Gaming Gone Wild


I used to play a lot of video games. I probably spent all my allowance back in elementary school buying video games, but I had to make sure my homework was done before I started indulging my mind into hours of this stuff. I rather play video games than watch television, go outside and all sorts of other activities. I guess it's addicting. What I love about video games is the fact that they get you thinking, no matter what game it is. Nowadays, people are even trying to create video games for the "older" generation that will sharpen their minds, and keep them "mentally fit". But I have to say that the best part about video games is the fact that in some games, you can do things that you cannot in real life. It's always cool to be able to fly, to have three lives, go on a magical adventure, racing with "tricked-out" cars, shoot people down (depends on the rating of the game), and the graphics look so real! The games they make in modern society have really great graphics that can get people "into" the game. It's simply brilliant!
But now that I'm in high school (especially with the school being a self-directed learning school), I haven't exactly found much time for video games anymore. If I were to play games, I'd probably be so behind, that teachers wouldn't even know what to say. Instead of being involved in games, I think I'm a bit more involved in my social life now, and of course, UNITS!
But hey, what else can I say? Once a gamer, always a gamer. I still play countless hours of games over the weekend when I find time, and especially over long vacations.
Can't wait for Christmas holidays! (Y)
But don't worry, I'll still do my media work. :)

P.S. The "older" generations must have played some video games... What ever happened to Pacman and Tetris? Nothing is more relaxing that playing a couple levels of Tetris.

6 comments:

Dustin said...

Yes Matt flying in games is awesome! I also agree that Tetris is entertaining because it was so original. Puzzle games from this newer generation are mostly taking their ideas from older things.

Andrew H said...

Yea Matt, i used to play alot of video games back in elementary school. It's true, the best part in playing video games is that you can do things in video games that you cannot in real life. Nice blog Matt.

Yea, what did happen to tetris and pacman? I guess that those games are too old fashioned now a days.

Dimples said...

I agree with Matt games are addicting but they do challenge your brain and make you figure out a way to solve it that is why there are levels in a game and in video games you can do things that you can't really do in real life which is pretty sweet. You just have to balance life not only on video games but homework and socializing as well.

TEEVEE said...

I don't care what anybody says but Tetris and Pacman are one of the more fun games out there.

Adrian H said...

Video Games, The PS1 was a classic, I played alot back in elementary school always waiting until the end of the week to play, I would play for hours non stop. BTW Nice Tetris picture! Everbody loves Tetris!

Arnetia said...

Video games became essential in my lie from birth, Yes we are the bratty generation but without us you wouldn't be making half the money you would mr video game company! Still I agree, Older folks had to have at least played PacMan, Im sure after a nice day in school you wanted to jump onto it and pretend the little white dots were homework.